https://www.loom.com/share/adaa213c13a14390b42dcce9e386454f

Chloe Paterson Giveback Project – Verification Form

This giveback piece was designed in a Social Studies class (EDSO 3200) in the Bachelor of Education program. This video was developed as a social justice initiative to address a contemporary challenge. For my video, I created an initiative around creating a school club that’s main purpose was to create a multi-dimensional construct of a cook book. I would use this club as a way for students to research different culture, ethnicities, countries, and find a recipe that they find represents these things, and have them add it in to the cook book. The goal for this cookbook is to have students develop a deeper understanding of different cultures, ethnicities, and countries, and have each student put in the work to find accurate information, and have a finished project of a variety of information and recipes.  This giveback piece is related to global competency, because it encourages students to immerse themselves in a variety of information around different cultures, ethnicities, and countries, and keeps them engaged as they are expected to gather this information themselves. This cookbook would provide different perspectives, attitudes and values, and even provide insight on past and present things in the world.