Certificates 

Food Safe Level 1 Certificate 

Pro Serve Certificate 

DELF Exams Diploma 

A2 

B1

DELF exams are an official diploma awarded by the French Ministry of Education to certify that foreign candidates have a achieved a certain level of French. I have completed two DELF Exams, A2 and B1. I was provided with the opportunity to take my DELF exams in middle in high school in 100 Mile House. These exams are beneficial because they provide opportunities to be recognized for the level of French you know, and also they can qualify you to teach French once you have reached higher levels of proficiency. These consist of four sections on the exams: speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Each of these categories are marked individually, added together, then you are given a mark. After completing these exams, it always brought a boost of confidence, because it allowed me to recognize that even though French was hard, staying persistent and sticking with it opened doors for me. I always think back to my schooling in French, the class sizes were so small that sometimes there would only be a few people graduating with a double dogwood (fluent in English and French). In my graduating class, there were four girls. These girls and I will always have a type of connection, because we spent countless hours together from K-12, with the same teachers, and same experiences. We also were a support system, maybe not in our everyday lives, or friend groups, but we all stuck together and helped us all get through it. Reflecting on this experience, it makes me so grateful for “Frenchies,” as  we called it, and also my French teacher who taught us all of our French the last years of high school. 

This is a picture of me, three other graduating French Immersion students and our French teacher.

Scholarships/ Bursaies 

Bob Paterson Bursary 

REMAX Bursary

Weldwood Scholarship

These bursaries and scholarship reflect a very interesting part of my educational journey. I remember when graduation from Peter Skene Ogden was in sight, and Scholarships and Bursaries were announced and we were allowed to apply, it was like something clicked in me. I spent hours hand writing with pen and paper each application. I had about 25 application that I wrote essays for, filled into the information needed, and focused on applying for everything I possibly could. I think I may have experienced carpal tunnel symptoms for a few weeks after from the amount of writing I did. When I handed them in, the secretary said “wow you wrote all of these? Why didn’t you just type and then copy and past, and then change the header for each one you were applying for.” I was absolutely devastated. I had spent weeks working on all of these applications to get them handed in on time, and was met with this response. So I handed them in and hoped for the best. When I was awarded with the scholarship and two bursaries, I knew at that moment my resilience to hand write all of those application was well worth it. 

Awards 

Grade 8 Musical Theatre Student of the Class

Grade 9 Musical Theatre Students of the class

Grade 9 Citizenship Award  

Grade 10 October Award- Most Considerate Students of the month 

Grade 10 November Award- Most Considerate Students of the month

Double Dogwood-2016

Reflecting on these awards, it makes me happy to see that I immersed myself so much in the things I really enjoyed and was rewarded for this enthusiasm. I also notice that as I started to get older, and not have as many awards, that is when I started working after schools and weekends. So it seems that I traded my extra curriculars and enthusiasm for working. This makes me a little sad to see, because it shows that I may not have been as involved and intrigued by things as much in my older years. This is one of the reasons why I chose to go into teaching, to go into something that I know I will love!

Backstage of musical theatre class play “Beauty and the Beast.” I played Babette the feather duster.