Montana’s Cookhouse (May 2017-April 2019)

Montana’s was the first job I had after I moved away for school. This job had a lot of meaning for me, because it showcases an important time in my life. Although management and the restaurant itself was not the most ideal working situation, it brought about so many coworkers that I have lifelong friendships with. It also started to teach major time management skills. I worked three shifts a week, with a full time course load, so I knew that if I wanted to get stuff done for school, and show up to work, I would need to be a planner! So I did, and it had taught me many valuable lessons. This time management skill will work well in the classroom with creating schedules. 

Brewskies (May 2020-current)

I am currently employed at Brewskies. I work two or three shifts a week. This establishment has meaning for me, because as I have just recently moved to Fort McMurray, this has become my social life. Although I have had to follow social distancing guidelines, it has taught me that I can raise my voice and be heard through masks. I can memorize orders without writing them down, and I have also developed strong relationships with my coworkers. This job has also made me recognize my ability to be flexible, and work odd hours of the night. This has taught me that I am most efficient in the mornings and day time, and this is why I know teaching will work out really well for me.