Extra-curricularsĀ 

RunningĀ 

Running has been an extracurricular activity that has been meaningful in my life. It has been a great outlet that I use to de-stress, get my body moving, and to keep my mental health consistent and well. One thing about running is that it makes you understand how resilient you can be. It is just as much mental activity as well as physical. It makes you realize that one thing that can hold you back is your mind. Being able to recognize and push through this helps to develop that sense of resiliency to keep pushing through and to help establish and develop those in running and in everyday lives! This will be a great tool in the classroom, becasue it makes me understand that somethimes you need to push through to get where you want to be!Ā 

CookingĀ 

Cooking and baking has always been an extra-curricular in my life. From a young age, meals with family and friends have always been such a sacred time to connect and make sure we are working on communicating and are all checked in on. With that being said, creating the meal to share has also been another important part and that is why I have developed a love for cooking and creating in the kitchen. The kitchen is also another place that pushes you to go out of your comfort zone and try new things. I also enjoy the challenge of perfecting recipes and creating my own. This will be an brought into the classrrom by teaching students to get creative!Ā 

Volunteer workĀ 

Classroom VolunteerĀ 

Arthur Stevenson Elementary SchoolĀ 

I volunteered a few hours a week at Arthur Stevensonā€™s Elementary school in a grade one and two split classroom, as I was working toward applying to the Bachelor of Education program at Thompson Rivers University. This experience was very meaningful to me, because it made me realize I had an inclination and passion to be in the classroom. I learned so much from the teachers in the classroom, and it made me understand how wonderful, adaptive, and creative teachers are. As I experienced this, it made me recognize that this is what I wanted my career to look like. This passion will be seen through my excitement and commitment to the classroom.Ā 

Grandma and I making Jams!